I describe myself as a writer who has moved with technology. I’ve built a communications career over 25 years. I’ve gone beyond my first love of words to develop a fondness for data and numbers too. I have worked in digital marketing, with a focus on social media and content marketing, for the past 15 years. I’m proud to be the Editorial and Content Manager for CSIRO.
After a quarter of a decade, I still love writing, blogging and social media. I’m (slowly) writing my memoir too.
I started out as a print journalist in 1996, before news went online. My first published article was a 2000-word travel feature. My 500 articles for hardcopy newspapers and magazines now sit in three dusty portfolios. Here’s a small selection of my work.
- B2B content marketers: are you a cook or a chef?
- Six reasons PR pros should manage social media
- Seven reasons why companies should decentralise social media
- Nine ideas for original writing
- How much say do we have over who we become
I publish pieces by guest writers on this blog. Here is a curated selection for you.